A Brief Statement of Our Mission
Since 1842, Stouffville Christian Church has focused its whole life and ministry on the ancient yet ever new and provocative message of Jesus Christ. Our mandate is to give unfaltering witness to the enduring truth of Christ and his gospel in our changing world.
Principles of the Christian Church
- Jesus Christ the sole Head of the Church.
- Christian the only name.
- The divinely inspired Scriptures, otherwise known as the Bible, the sole rule of faith and practice.
- The duty and privilege of each member to interpret, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Bible for themselves.
- Christian character - that is the experience of new birth in Christ expressing itself in daily living - the sole test of fellowship.
- The unity of believers our aim, as a witness to Christ's atonement for sin, and to the end that all may be saved by faith in Him.
- A community of authentic seekers shaped and animated by the mission of Christ to the world.
- A celebration of worship that invites active participation by the whole congregation.
- A strong and caring community to support one another along the way.
"In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, diversity; in all things, charity."