Greetings and Happy New Year!
I hope that in all the rush of the holidays you had opportunity to relax and recharge your batteries. We need to pat each other on the back for a wonderfully productive and enjoyable Christmas season at Stouffville Christian Church. December was a busy month and it took the generous efforts of each of you to accomplish what we did. Thank you for being such a blessing to so many people!
The clock continues to tick and time moves on, and we find ourselves at the start of a new year! Already we are looking at some key events in the next few months. Please mark the following dates in your calendars and plan to join us for these occasions.
Sunday, January 7th:
- Communion Sunday - from Christmas to the cross; we gather to give thanks to God for the gift of his Son, our Saviour
- Soup and Sandwich lunch immediately following the morning service - bring your favourite dish/sandwiches and we'll provide the hot 'home made' soup!
Monday, January 15th:
- Church leadership meeting - talk about our exciting plans for the future
Saturday, January 20th:
- Bowling party and chili dogs! Bowling at Markham Bowl at 1:00 and back to the Church for an early hot dog and chili dinner! This is for the entire family!
Sunday, February 4th:
- Communion service and Soup & Sandwich Lunch
Saturday, February 17th:
- Pot Luck Dinner and Cinnamon Hearts Bingo! at the Church beginning at 4:30p.
Sunday, February 25th:
- Annual Church Meeting. A time to reflect on what God has done in and through us personally and as a family of believers. We gather to rejoice, give thanks, and reaffirm our intention to serve the Lord in whatever capacity he provides for us in the year ahead. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend!
On Easter Sunday, April 1st, 'Jews for Jesus' will come to Stouffville Christian Church to present 'Christ in the Passover.' This authentic Jewish Passover presentation will help us rediscover the rich symbolism behind the Lord's Supper celebration.
On Sunday, May 6th, 'Freedom Bound' will come to minister to us with a full morning of music and worship. This will be an inspiring Sunday not to be missed!
Pray! Pray! Pray!
Let's always remember that we are privileged to have this ministry of prayer for one another and for the ministries of the Church. God has been good to hear and to honour many of our requests. "'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the Lord of hosts."